One of the most iconic moutain shapes of Fjord Norway. Such a beautiful mountain, and the hike is even better. The terrain is open with only low vegetation, so you have a spectacular view during almost the whole hike. Our guides will give you an experience you won't soon forget, and will share their knowledge about the nature, culture and history.
Requirements: The hike is long (6-8 hours) and steep, and requires that you're in good physical shape. Some parts are a bit exposed and steep as well, but our guides will assist you if needed. The top is 1330 masl, so there might be both more wind and colder than in the lowland where we start.
Please inform us about any medical condition like Asthma, epilepsy, back pains, knee problems etc.
- When: June 17th - August 18th: Every Thursday and Sunday (Other days on request)
- Meeting point: Parking lot at Eggestøylen at 10am
- Duration: 6-8 hours
- Languages: English & Norwegian
- Minimum: 3 guests
- Price: 850 NOK
- Age: Minimum 10 years
- Suitable hiking clothing
- water and wind proof outer layer
- Solid hiking boots
- warm insulating layer
- backpack (big enough to fit clothes, food and water)
- Lunch pack
- Minimum 1L of water.
How to find the starting point:
- Coming from the north (Sandane, Stryn, Loen): In the town of Byrkjelo you continue towards Bergen for 5,3km on road E39. You turn left on a gravel road, drive through a small farm, and continue for 3,4km uphill until you come to the parking lot.
- Coming from the south (Bergen, Førde, Sogndal, Flåm): In the town of Skei, you chose the exit of the roundabout going to Ålesund. Drive on the main road (E39) for 14,5 km. As a narrow and beautiful valley you're driving through is opening a bit up, you see a farm on your right hand side. Turn right on a gravel road leading through this farm, and drive for 3,4km uphill until you come to the parking lot.